Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 testing ACPI problems / no PCI functionality

Hello,
I just tried using a xen standard config aswell .. it did result in
_exactly_ the same which means booting the dom0 kernel will have an end
because of a kernel panic caused by ACPI .. and if I use acpi=off then
dom0 will boot but I do not have PCI support at all.

As I said in my first mail .. its a problem related to xen not related
to my kernel config.

best regards,
Patrick

Ian Pratt wrote:

Hopefully it'll give you a lil' impression about what's going on .. but I am kinda sure its xen fault, especially the PCI issue.
I've got a computer with SIS-chipset and Duron-CPU here. Same problem. Pure Linux works like a charm but Linux on Xen doesn't work. Booting with ACPI enabled crashes instantly, booting without ACPI makes PCI disappear.

BTW:
  * Xen 2.0.7 works on the same computer (only without ACPI).
  * The Xen-3-BootCD shows the same problem (Unable to boot dom0)
  * For Years I was running always the latest Linux-Kernel
    (2.4 and 2.6) but ACPI never caused any trouble

Please can you get a serial line on the machine and post a diff on the
native kernel on the xen test CD booting vs. one of the linux-on-xen
combos.

Thanks,
Ian