Re: [Xen-users] Parallels hypervisor runs Windows on non-VT hardware (Was: Xen alternatives)

Chris de Vidal wrote:

I just found out about Parallels:
http://www.parallels.com/

Like Xen it's a hypervisor (low-level virtual machine manager that sits between
the hardware and
all OSes, even the "host"/dom0).  Unlike Xen it runs Windows unmodified on
regular non-VT
hardware.  Unlike Xen it's $49 (which is great compared to, say, VMware's
offerings, but who can
beat free?)  :-)

I haven't used it.  Someone please try it and compare it to Xen for us:
performance, ease-of-use, etc.

First of all, you're asking someone to BUY a product, test drive it, do
a comparison, and reports back to you? Isn't it kind of selfish?

Second, I noticed on the web page that it's a DESKTOP virtualization
solution. I don't know about you, but if I'm searching for desktop-class
virtualization I'd go with the free Vmware Player. I was able to run 8
virtual machine nicely on a linux server (with some modifications to
/etc/sysctl.conf).

Regards,

Fajar