Re: [Xen-users] Parallels hypervisor runs Windows on non-VT hardware (Was: Xen alternatives)

you can download a trial version for 45 day use --> http://www.parallels.com/en/download/

Sven

Chris de Vidal <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

01/13/2006 01:23 PM

Please respond to
chris@xxxxxxxxxx

xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Xen-users] Parallels hypervisor runs Windows on non-VT hardware        (Was: Xen alternatives)

I just found out about Parallels:
http://www.parallels.com/

Like Xen it's a hypervisor (low-level virtual machine manager that sits between the hardware and
all OSes, even the "host"/dom0).  Unlike Xen it runs Windows unmodified on regular non-VT
hardware.  Unlike Xen it's $49 (which is great compared to, say, VMware's offerings, but who can
beat free?)  :-)

I haven't used it.  Someone please try it and compare it to Xen for us: performance, ease-of-use, etc.

CD

* Bad news: We've all broken God's 10 Commandments. Lust is adultery (Matt. 5:27-28), hate is murder (1 John 2:9). Break one and you've broken them all (James 2:10). We *all* deserve hell.

* Good news: Jesus paid my penalty. Turn from your sin & ask God's forgiveness by His blood -- while you still have time!

NeedGod.com