Re: [Xen-users] High Memory Support on systems >1GB

Ernst Bachmann schrieb:
On Friday 13 January 2006 05:55, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On a Xen 2.0.7 host with between one and four GB of RAM but no single
domain larger than 880MB, how should kernel High Memory Support be
configured? Should it be off since no domain kernel is using more than
880? Should dom0 have it enabled to manage all the memory? Should all
the domains have it since they are drawing on a pool larger than 880 MB?

Is the answer the same for Xen 3.0? Thanks - John

Since the xen hypervisor needs the same highmem setting as the kernels running on it, you need the following settings to use all your ram:

- 1 GB: no highmem needed
1-3 GB: 3GB higmem
4GB: PAE or 64bit

and yes, its the same for xen3

/Ernst
Hi, I compiled xen 2.07 with the pae part in make world.
But i get only 830MB on a DomU (mem = 2048 in configfile)

I also recompiled the Dom0 Kernel. But i get no success. Can someone discribe this i bit closer please how to get 2 GB Ram in a DomU ?

Best Regards
Rene