Re: [Xen-users] High Memory Support on systems >1GB

> Thanks very much.  So just to make completely sure I understand, on a
> physical host with between 880 MB and 4 GB of RAM, if no single domain,
> privileged or unprivileged requires more than 880 MB of RAM, no domain
> kernel needs high memory support enabled.  If any domain, privileged or
> unprivileged, will use more than 880 MB, then that kernel and only that
> kernel needs high memory support enabled.  Correct? - John

Yep, that should work fine.  And you don't need to do anything special to Xen,
it doesn't have the same concept as Linux regarding highmem.  Dom0 doesn't
need highmem to manage the memory, because mapping other domains' memory is
special-cased and not managed in the normal kernel way.

The "all or nothing" thing is only for PAE.

CHeers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!