Re: [Xen-users] VT laptop anyone?

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:02:55AM +0100, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> I have revisited the text on heise online - they did not quote any
> source, so I do not know where their info comes from. As of 5.1.2005
> Intel themselves state Yonah (Core Duo) to have VT enabled.
>
> So we have to wait for the MacBook Pro to find out what really is inside.

The Register has this to say today...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/16/intel_core_duo_vt/

   According to recent internal retail-oriented documentation seen by
   The Register, details for the T2300, T2400, T2500 and T2600 Core
   Duos have VT support listed as TBD - 'To Be Decided'. Only the
   upcoming Core Duo T2700 has VT checked as a certainty.

and

   The documentation we've seen indicates the current Core Solo chips
   lack VT, though the feature may make it to the upcoming ultra-low
   voltage Core Solo U1300 and U1400 processors

See the link for more!

(The Register are good at inside news from Intel)

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick