Re: SOLVED [Xen-users] Problems with XEN-modified Kernel an SDLT 320 / System freeze

I solved the problem by not using the lci53x1030 onboard scsicontroller.
I don't know why but with xen-kernels this device freeze the whole machine.

If i use an adaptec 2940 with xen based kernel it works but with the lci there is no way (for me).

If someone have a running xen-based machine with this controller pls let me know.

best reagards rene

Rene wrote:

hi,

If i try a backup with tar / tape sdlt320 on a debian-sarge / 2.6.12 based XEN 3 System, the System freeze.
If i test this by knoppix the backup works fine.

Test with xen 2.07, Kernel 2.6.11.12 on xen 3.0.0, Kernel 2.6.12

This System in a Interserver with an LSI scsi-Controller and a Tandberg SDLT320 Streamer.

Are thereany known issues with this config and xen ?

regards Rene