Re: [Xen-users] Re: multiple disk images, how to?

There is an alternative to the Python scripts for configuring domU's --
just using S-expressions (SXP's) directly.

However, if this is perceived as a more "low-level" interface, I don't know
how stable it's going to be across different releases of Xen.

Running 'xm create --dryrun' on a Python domU configuration file will
spit out a corresponding S-expression (SXP), and running 'xm create --config
your_sxp' will create a domU based on an S-expression (SXP).

It seems on the whole far better organized than the Python configuration
files to me.  It also allows for comments (which begin with '#' and
extend to the end of the line), so it's not as if it could not be
feasible for use by first-time Xen users if it were well documented.

Is anyone opposed to using S-expressions as a stable interface for
domU configurations?

Thanks.

Andrew

--
Andrew D. Ball
aball@xxxxxxxxxx

"Festina Lente" $\approx$ "Make hast slowly"
  -- Caesar Augustus