[Xen-users] Changing the size of an exported block device

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:34:40 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:43:46 +0000

Hello,

Say I have an LVM LV exported to a running domU, and I want to
increase the size of that LV.  I can lvextend from dom0, and I can
use whatever filesystem tools I like to extend that fs in dom0 if I
were to mount it.

However I understand that if the domU were to try to write beyond
the end of the block device's limits as it knew when it was exported
then it will get very upset.

What is the correct procedure in this circumstance?  Is it possible
to withdraw the block device from the domU and then export it again
so that it sees it as new?

Thanks,
Andy