[Xen-users] Interesting (strange?) domU kernel behavior

Hi all,

I just download the latest changeset from mercurial.  I compiled using
make world with just the -xen option.  I kept my previous dom0\domU
configuration from the stable kernel released in Dec. so all of the are on
the same machine.  The machine is running SLES9 SP3, dual cpu dual core
amd athlon 64.

Booting into dom0 with the new -xen kernel went just fine.  However
booting the domU with the new -xen kernel did not give me an ip address.
When I switched the domU config file to use the original -xenU kernel it
worked ok.

Is there something that I should\should not do when using a -xen
configuration for the ip address.  It is assigned statically in the
configuration file.

My real question is this-I am expecting to run several domU file servers
on this machine.  By using the original  -xenU kernel am I losing any
networking\samba\ etc. benefits gained by using the latest hg kernel or is
most of that load handled in dom0?

Regards,

John Little
Hendricks Regional Health IS Department