[Xen-users] Automate actions

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lars Roland <lroland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:32:13 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:41:25 +0000

Hi

At my company we frequently perform the following actions when we
receive a submission for a possible virus that needs to be added to
the ClamAV signature DB:

* Upload the file to Windows machine (via a samba share).
* Fire some debuggers/scanners over the file (these are always the same)
* Compile the result of the above action into a report which our virus
researcher examine

Based on the output the researcher may choose to discard the
submission or take a more extensive look on it. Given that these tasks
are essentially the same for every submission (and we do this allot)
it would be nice if they could be automated inside a guest OS (running
inside XEN on Intel VT hardware).

So to my question: is there some way to program the actions (i.e.
mouse clicks/keyboard strokes) inside the guest OS ? this way we could
just fire up a Windows guest for each submission and have it
completely automated.

--
Lars Roland