Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

>> Using CentOS 4.2 (which came with a cleanly packaged
>> iscsi-initiator-tools) I've gotten it to work and I find the
>> performance preferrable to NFS Root.

How did you get past the "FATAL: module iscsi_sfnet not found." error when
starting up the iscsi initiator on CentOS 4.2? That's stopping me from getting
the iscsi initiator to work on CentOS 4.2. Evidently the iscsi_sfnet module
doesn't exist on my CentOS 4.2 system after I installed the
iscsi-initiator-utils RPM from the CentOS 4.2 CD media.

Thanks for your help.

Datto

----------------
Using CentOS 4.2 (which came with a cleanly packaged
iscsi-initiator-tools) I've gotten it to work and I find the
performance preferrable to NFS Root. I still haven't gotten the hang
of booting using iSCSI Root over the network, but it should just be a
couple more adjustments to the initrd.

Currently, I have dom0 serve as the iSCSI initiator and then have the
domUs use the block devices. Some limitations I've run into:
- I can't manage to get the iSCSI initiator to see changes to the
exported LUNs (e.g. block device has been grown, or see more LUNs)
- For multiple LUNs from different iSCSI Targets, establish a fixed
order/names for the block devices

Other than that, you shouldn't have too much problems with it. :-)

- gino ledesma