Re: [Xen-users] Xen and iSCSI

hi,

i've tested the load of the machine when i do network i/o. And the results
say: Do not make the iscsi stuff in domU!

I've testet with the live cd on my notebook against a server (nc -l -p 1234)
in the network.
dom0:
 dd if=/dev/zero bs=10M count=100 | nc server 1234
domU:
 dd if=/dev/zero bs=10M count=100 | nc server 1234

OK, on the live cd the network is not bridged but routed. But this shouldn't
change that much.

So i checked the cpu usage with xm top when doing the dd. I did this all on
the console with no running X.

When i make dd in dom0 i've a cpu load about 15% in dom0 and no cpu load in
domU.
When i make dd in domU i've a cpu load about 20% in domU and a cpu load about
10% in dom0!!!

So if i will do my iscsi in domU i will load my cpu twice.

Perhaps i should thinking about iscsi in dom0...

--
greetings

eMHa