Re: [Xen-users] (domU) Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:58:36PM +0100, BugOne S wrote:
> Hi, i cant run domU, because of this error:
>
> xen xen # xm create -c client1
> Using config file "client1".
> Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

I have this problem too. In my case it seems to be the very short timeout
for starting backend devices. Basically, AFAICT, all vif- scripts must
finish within 10 seconds or the xm create command is aborted.

In my case I do a lot of dynamic configuration in vif-nat and it often takes
much longer than 10 seconds, especially if I'm running a kernel build or
something in the background.

You can see if this is the same problem you're having by changing the
timeout DEVICE_CREATE_TIMEOUT in
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/DevController.py (probably around line 28)
to something larger than 10.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx