Re: [Xen-users] Debian packages for xen3 + kernel images for dom0/U

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 12:36 schrieb Andy Smith:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:06:13AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 02:46:29PM +0100, Ralph Passgang wrote:
> > > I just wanted to let all interessted debian users know, that on my xen3
> > > repository are now kernel images available for dom0/U.
> >
> > Hi Ralph,
> >
> > I just switched to your sarge xen3 packages from working from source
> > - very nice work indeed!
> >
> > My main reason for switching though was to get the vifname
> > functionality that recently got re-added to xen-testing.
>
> Thanks to the archives of the list I answered my own question.  The
> feature was readded to -unstable and is not yet present in -testing.
> However it is only changes to xend so you can patch it in yourself
> fairly easily it seems:
>
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cmd=changeset;node=95f84e37c90
>d573dd01cc29db5b81ffb5f86f84a
>
> Appears to work.
>
> Sorry for the noise, but at least here's another hit for the
> archive.

I think xen 3.0.1 will be released within the next days. I guess from that
point on the mssing feature will be available in the released and -testing
trees again and so my packages will also support vifnames again.

If xen 3.0.1 isn't released soon, then I will probably supply one last 3.0.0
package update (with your patch also included).

thx for the feedback.

--Ralph