Re: [Xen-users] Debian packages for xen3 + kernel images for dom0/U

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:42:39 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:52:38 +0000

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 01:30:06PM +0100, Ralph Passgang wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 12:36 schrieb Andy Smith:
> > Thanks to the archives of the list I answered my own question.  The
> > feature was readded to -unstable and is not yet present in -testing.
> > However it is only changes to xend so you can patch it in yourself
> > fairly easily it seems:
> >
> > http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cmd=changeset;node=95f84e37c90
> >d573dd01cc29db5b81ffb5f86f84a
> >
> > Appears to work.
> >
> > Sorry for the noise, but at least here's another hit for the
> > archive.
>
> I think xen 3.0.1 will be released within the next days. I guess from that
> point on the mssing feature will be available in the released and -testing
> trees again and so my packages will also support vifnames again.

Thanks for these packages, Ralph, it's nice to have a more
Debian-like way to manage the xen software and still have custom
kernels.

> If xen 3.0.1 isn't released soon, then I will probably supply one last 3.0.0
> package update (with your patch also included).

You probably didn't mean to say it, but just to clarify, it's not my
patch :)  I just found the link to it in the archives and wouldn't
have a clue how to do that myself.  Appears to be by Ewan Mellor.
Thanks Ewan!