Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 14:20 schrieb Molle Bestefich:
> Stephan Augustin wrote:
> > > That may be true, but it's much easier to adjust it on the kernel
> > > command line. Just add max_loop=128 or some such.
> >
> > Do you mean the commandline
> > kernel /boot/xen.gz
> > in /boot/grub/menu.lst ?
>
> No, that's the parameter line for the hypervisor.
> The loop devices exist within the domain 0 kernel.
> So you must append the max_loop parameter to the
> "module=<linux-dom0-kernel>" line in your grub configuration file.
>
> Sorry, should've mentioned that.
Sorry , but this doesnt work for me..
do I have to do something else for get this working ?

i have this script :

"If you have the âloopâ driver compiled into your kernel, you need to add
âmax_loop=64â to your kernel boot arguments (the âappend=â line in lilo.conf,
or to the end of the âkernelâ line in grubâs menu.lst), and reboot."

If you have the âloopâ driver compiled as a module, you need to insmod it with
âmax_loop=64â added to its options. On Debian systems, you
edit /etc/modules.conf and add âoptions loop max_loop=64â, and ârmmod loopâ
âmodprobe loopâ.

If youâre using devfs, then stop here. The new /dev/loop* will appear
automatically. If not, youâll need to edit and run MAKEDEV:
Change:

        loop)
                for part in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                do
                        makedev loop$part b 7 $part $disk
                done
                ;;

        loop)
                for part in `seq 0 63`
                do
                        makedev loop$part b 7 $part $disk
                done
                ;;

And run âMAKEDEV loopâ.
"

with the original debian -kernel, It is possible to use the modules - but this
doesnt create more loop-devices.
and even the kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6[...] max_loop=64
line does not work.

under the xen-kernel the command-line doesnt work ( I dont get more devices) ,
and the modprobe command aborts with an error

stephan