Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

Am Dienstag, 31. Januar 2006 14:52 schrieb Molle Bestefich:
> Stephan Augustin wrote:
> [...]
> Hrm, good info.
> In a more concise form it would be appropriate for a XEN FAQ, me thinks.
>
> > and even the
> > kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6[...] max_loop=64
> > line does not work.
>
> Doesn't look right either.
> Dom0 is loaded via the "module", not the "kernel" grub command.

^^ this was the command line for the unmodified original debian kernel without
xen, for showing that it dont works in original debian ( without xen ! )

> > under the xen-kernel the command-line doesnt work ( I dont get more
> > devices) ,
> As in,
>  "they do not appear in /dev" or
>  "I've run 'mknod /dev/loop/123 b 7 123' but I'm getting error
> messages when I use the device
> ?
I realised the ^^ snipped patch in the MAKEDEV file, which should create the
loop-devices between 0 up to 63 during boot

They do not appear in /dev

I've run mknod /dev/loop8 b 7 8 but I didn't get any error message
vhost:~# losetup /dev/loop8
/dev/loop8: [f5d8]:-1 (l:ï
                          $) offset -1208435526, undefined encryption
loop: can't get info on device /dev/loop8: No such device or address
now i run xm create debian.5
now it works :-? I dont know why...
but why are these devices not createt automatically on boot ?

but it Works - Thank you very much for your help

stephan

> In case of the latter, which error messages?
>
> > and the modprobe command aborts with an error
>
> Provide a better error description, please.
> The above doesn't really get us anywhere.

Stephan Augustin
Rosenpark 3
65795 Hattersheim
06190/9355448