Re: [Xen-users] understanding routed networking with xen 3.0

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 08:31 -0500, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> [...]
> Routed is basically assigning the domU to an interface and the egress
> for those packets is a different interface on the dom0. It is really
> simplistic, hence the lack of documentation.

What do you mean by simplistic? If you mean, it "just works" then I
strongly disagree. It does definitely _not_ just work. Even if some very
experienced people get some things running very easily, for mere mortals
some things really need to be documented better (or, preferably, made
really "just work").

I do exactly what is described in the mail I mentioned on how to use
routed networking, but, as I tested that further,I get an error as soon
as I use the "ip=10.0.1.1" directive within the vif directive. What's
wrong with doing so? Is there a replacement?

What can be causing this?

Henning