Re: [Xen-users] Again: tcp/ip traffic between domU and dom0 does not work

Ingo wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I still face my unsolved problem. I have debian 3.1 xen3 dom0 and domU
> using vif-route. Dom0 has two network cards (eth0 .100.100,
> eth2 .102.100) and a vifx-interface .102.100. DomU is .130.1. I am able
> to interconnect everything in intranet and internet from both dom0 and
> domU but nearly to traffic can be interchanged between the doms. The
> only thing that seems to work is to ping each other. Sometimes I tried
> to telnet port 25 and the SMTP server (postfix) answers the call. But
> after the welcome message to information reaches the other host anymore.
>
> Please help me, otherwise I eat my basecap....   ;-)

Maybe it's the MTU problem I also ran into? Does your syslog or dmesg show
something like "Received packet needs 8 bytes more headroom"? If yes you must
decrease your MTU. For more details on this problem see the xen wiki FAQ.

Thanks,
Michael