[Xen-users] 'Link veth0 is missing' - caused by having no 'ip' command

I get the error attached below when I run network-bridge start by
hand.  I have a veth0 interface.  Looking at the script, it seems the
reason the command fails is because the script tries to run this
function to test for veth0:

link_exists()
{
    if ip link show "$1" >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
    then
        return 0
    else
        return 1
    fi
}

But there is no "ip" command under Linux, and it doesn't look like Xen
installs one either.  How do I get this command?

Rich.

# /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start

Link veth0 is missing.
This may be because you have reached the limit of the number of interfaces
that the loopback driver supports.  If the loopback driver is a module, you
may raise this limit by passing it as a parameter (nloopbacks=<N>); if the
driver is compiled statically into the kernel, then you may set the parameter
using loopback.nloopbacks=<N> on the domain 0 kernel command line.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.