Re: [Xen-users] bad udp cksum by dns request in domU

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 12:51 +0100, Nadja Kick wrote:
> try: ethtool -K eth0 tx off in domU.

This is also needed in dom0!  I edited /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge,
adding this command to the end of the op_start() function:

        add_to_bridge2 ${bridge} ${pdev}
        do_ifup ${netdev}
+       # disable ip checksum offloading for veth device
+       ethtool -K ${netdev} tx off
    else
        # old style without ${vdev}

For my Ubuntu/Debian Linux domU's, I just added a "post-up" line to the
file /etc/network/interfaces:

        auto eth0
        iface eth0 inet dhcp
                post-up ethtool -K eth0 tx off

Note: the same line works for static IPs too

Note: I don't know how to do the same type of thing for any other Linux
distribution (RedHat, Suse, Mandrive, etc) - sorry

FreeBSD 6.0 apparently doesn't enable checksum offloading by default,
because I don't have a problem with him at all.

All my connectivity issues have now been eliminated.setup

Thanks!

--

Patrick Wolfe

email:   pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx