[Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] moving from xen to xen-pae

I believe the tools are fine and understand PAE or non-PAE without
change.

For example, .../tools/libxc/xc_ptrace.c uses the processor type to
determine if it's PAE or not at runtime in map_domain_va, and if it is
PAE calls map_domain_va_pae instead.

There is a dependency on CONFIG_X86_PAE in
.../tools/libxc/xen/arch-x86_32.h, but it seems that the choice made
based on this is not used anywhere in the libxc source files. It's
probably just a side-effect of this file being shared between Xen itself
and the libxc directories.

Of course, you probably want to add a second entry in your grub.conf
like this:

title Xen-pae
        kernel /boot/xen-pae.gz
        module /boot/vmlinuz-pae-xen0
Then you should be able to just boot back into the old, working
Xen-kernel.

--
Mats