Re: [Xen-users] The linux-2.6-xen hg kernel is oopsing on xen-unstable change set 3.0.0_8819

FWIW, I've been running an x86_64 compiled version of 8819 on an athlon64 for a few days and stress tested it reasonably thoroughly and haven't seen any problems. Just tried large scp's as well and no problem.

-Tupshin

Andy Repton wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to find a stable xen/kernel combination that doesn't
require me to stick with 2.6.12.

I've compiled the linux-2.6.16-xen tree from mercurial and it
initially appeared fine. I assumed that this kernel is intended to be
run with the xen-unstable tree, so I also compiled and installed the
unstable mercurial tree at changeset 8819.

On torture testing the setup (transferring the kernel tree via scp,
looped access to a lighttpd) I'm getting oops' in the domUs.

I have the oops dumps, so I'm looking for the best way forward: are
they of use to the xen guys?

Should the hg kernel tree work ok with 3.0.0 unstable?

Andy