RE: [Xen-users] RE: domU lvm and resizing40

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ben Winzenz" <Ben_Winzenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:53:50 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:54:53 +0000

The way I've done it in the past is:

1.  Make sure that xen domain is shut down that you are re-sizing
2.  Run lvextend (you've already done this)
3.  Run e2fsck -f [logical volume name] (i.e. /dev/domain0/lvname)
4.  Run resize2fs [volume name] [new size in G of LV] (i.e. resize2fs
/dev/domain0/lvname 8G
5.  Start up vm.  New size should be reflected now.

HTH