Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and a virtual net (brouter with masq) (Repost in plaintext)

Hello Arjen,

Arjen Runsink wrote:
The issue has been resolved.

On Saturday 04 March 2006 10:20, Arjen Runsink wrote:

I am trying to create the following configuration:

dom0:
   |---eth2 Masquerading interface to OUTSIDE

   |---eth0 LAN:10.0.1.1/24

   |---eth1 WLAN:10.0.2.1/24

   |---xenbr0 DMZ:10.0.3.1/24

                   |-- vifX.0 -- eth0 of domU:10.0.3.2

It did not work because I forgot that suse 10 is very secure by default. Configuring the suse firewall changed all that.

For anyone interested, on this page I describe my configuration:
http://en.opensuse.org/Xen3_and_a_Virtual_Network
thank you for your helpful insights! There is, however, one small error in your text: in the section "Brouter Setup" the sentence "To accomplish this I use a special script to be started when xend is started, but the regular script for starting the domU's" just ends without being completed (to me anyway). But I am really wondering what you have to say here.

Thanks again,
Andrej