Re: [Xen-users] Unknown image type: VMX

  • To: "Thorolf Godawa" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "David Goodlad" <dgoodlad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:24:34 -0800
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:25:55 +0000

On 3/16/06, Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  >Yes, that worked nicely, thank-you!  I can get the WinXP cd to boot
>  >The only problem is that input via VNC is incredibly slow (30+ seconds
>  >to register a keypress).  Normal vm operation is fine, with everything
> try using SDL on the host for installation of you Win-guest. If finished
> you can use RDP, this gives you acceptable performance!
>
> Unfortunately SDL seems also having problems on some systems and then
> you just have bad luck and you have to live with the bad performance
> during installation - I didn't found a solution for me on that!

Ok, I'll give SDL a try; it's odd that vnc's graphics performance is
so good (where 'good' is a relative term!), but keyboard/mouse input
is terrible.  I wish I had the time to investigate this more
thoroughly; it doesn't seem like it would be too big an issue to
solve!

Thanks
Dave

--