Re: [Xen-users] Simple question about Xen ...

Hi,

I recently had a kernel panic a domU. But that didn't impress xen. I just called 'xm destroy ...' and that's it. So I think your kernel programming would make sense under xen (if you don't touch the things patched by xen).

Cheers,

Immanuel

KC wrote:
Hi,

I'm writting some Linux drivers for both 2.4.x and 2.6.x kernel.
Can Xen be use for kernel space programming ?
For example, I'm planning to install both RH9 (2.4.x)
and FC4 (2.6.x) under Xen and do kernel programming
on Xen's VM ... is that possible ?

For kernel programming, bugs in driver usually crash the
whole system ... if I test the drivers under Xen's VM, will that
be safer ?

Thanks
KC