Re: [Xen-users] DHCP timed out messages

I see the same problem.

When I use dhcp in userspace, it works, but when I use the client in the domU kernel, it times out.

I wonder if this is due to packet loss as described in this thread:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-03/msg00781.html

Does a userspace DHCP client work for you too?

It's probably a good idea to open a bug on http://bugzilla.xensource.com for this one if one doesn't already exist.

Thanks for your help.
Andrew
===============
Andrew D. Ball <aball@xxxxxxxxxx>

Johnnie Peters wrote:
Hi I have Xen running on Fedora as a dom0 with domUs of fedora 4, suse 10.0 and my own home grown file system. It all seems to work fine so far and I am about to start some stability testing I need to do. I am using the current unstable tree based on 2.6.12.

One thing I have not figured out is a problem I am having with dhcp. When I set

dhcp = "dhcp"

in my /etc/xen config files I always get

Sending DHCP request ...... timed out!
IP-Config: Reopening network devices...
Sending DHCP request ..

and so forth.