Re: [Xen-users] xen and boot problems (with CentOS 4.2)

  • To: "mbjohn@xxxxxxxx" <mbjohn@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Eric Peterson" <srcfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:57:38 -0600
  • Cc: Haavard Bjerke <havard.bjerke@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:59:24 +0000

On 3/29/06, mbjohn@xxxxxxxx <mbjohn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you so much for the quick reply!  The fastboot option did the
> trick and I'm now in my virtual machine!
>
> Should I be concerned about having to use the fastboot option?  Will it
> cause problems later on?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Brian

fastboot won't cause problems by itself.  It disables fsck checking on
boot.  fsck is complaining in this case because it thinks the
partition is mounted.  The way that you would find problems later on
is when the system was shutdown uncleanly and no disk check was forced
on the filesystem.

This shouldn't be a problem with you domU systems since you should
know when things have been shutdown uncleanly and you should be able
to run fsck manually on the partition from dom0 before it's next boot.

I wonder why fsck is confused?  How are you passing the block device
on to the domU? It isn't mounted in dom0 is it?  Is it a file or
partition?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm curious.

Cheers!
Eric