Re: [Xen-users] xen and boot problems (with CentOS 4.2)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the added info on using the fastboot option.  That made a lot
of sense.

As for the confusion regarding fsck, I'm not sure what's going on.  We are
using file based block devices, and our config file looks like this:

disk = [ 'file:/srv/xen/domains/vm03/diskimage,sdb3,w',
         'file:/srv/xen/domains/vm03/swapimage,sdb4,w' ]

Our physical disk is sda, so using sdb3 and sdb4 shouldn't interfere with
those devices.

I did, however, get a different response from the message I posted with
our LUG that I'd like to share with list.  They suggested booting with an
initrd.img.  So, I took the extra = "fastboot" option out and added a
ramdisk option so my config then looked like this:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen3_12.1_rhel4.1"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.12.6-xen3_12.1_rhel4.1.img"

And that also seemed to do the trick :)

Thank you again to the folks who responded to my cry for help....We're
looking forward to what xen will allow us to do.

Brian