Re: [Xen-users] Problem with reboot of domU's

Hi,

> But, I have a problem with rebooting domU's. Here is the output
> from /var/log/xend.log
>     back['ip'] = ' '.join(ipaddr)
> TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, list found
This was a problem with the xend code to store the vif's ip information.
Use xen-unstable (which I'd currently reccoment, it's getting closer
to 3.0.2 every day ;) or just change the

  if ip:
            result.append( ...

code in
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/netif.py (or your sourcetree)
to:
       if ip:
            for i in ip.split(" "):
                result.append(['ip', i])
(thats how unstable does it) or to:
       if ip:
            result.append(['ip', ip])
(thats an older fix which doesn't handle multiple IPs)

> vif = ['ip=192.168.1.12']
> Any ideas what might be wrong here ?
Nothing except your xen-version not liking IPs in a vif definition
on DomU reboot :)

(:ul8er, r@y