Re: [Xen-users] No dom0/domU ping "out of the box"

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 12:23 -0500, Colin Brown wrote:
> On dom0, ifconfig reports presence of eth0, lo, vif4.0 and xenbr0.  I
> see no signs of the peth0 or vif0.0 interfaces mentioned in the
> XenNetworking wiki article.  A brctl on xenbr0 reveals only one
> interface on xenbr0 (vif4.0).  So, what happened to peth0 and vif0.0?
> How do I investigate further?

You SHOULD see eight vif0.# interfaces and eight veth# interfaces when
you run "ifconfig -a".  If you're not seeing them, then I'm betting you
configured /boot/grub/menu.lst to pass "loopback.nloopbacks=0" to the
dom0 kernel?  Don't do that.  You need at least 1 loopback in dom0 for
the network-bridge script to do it's magic.

The other possibility is that you didn't configure xend-config.sxp with:

        (network-script 'network-bridge')

You'll need that if you want your system to look like the wiki docs.

--
Patrick Wolfe  (pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)