Re: [Xen-users] pygrub and LVM formatted

Matt Ayres schrieb:
It seems pygrub only supports disk images that are partitioned, aka not a single formatted / for the entire image. Is this correct? I have it configured using LVM as specified and I receive:

xen-3.0-testing.hg]# xm create test -c
Using config file "/etc/xen/test".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 246, in ?
    cf = get_config(file)
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 112, in get_config
    fs = fstype.open_fs(fn, offset)
  File "/usr/lib/python/grub/fsys/ext2/__init__.py", line 35, in open_fs
    return Ext2Fs(fn, offset = offset)
ValueError: unable to open file
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

so it is finding the grub.conf file...

Matt, did you find a solution? How do you reason that it found the grub.conf file? To me, the stack trace suggests that it fails to open the file system, no? It's that fstype.open_fs() call that fails... (inside the native library), isn't it?

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold