Re: [Xen-users] Bonding not working with network-bridge

<4435356D.5080903@xxxxxxxxx>,
"Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kirk Allan wrote:
>> I used the information at
>>

> http://linux-
net.osdl.org/index.php/Bonding#Configuration_with_sysconfig_suppo
> rt
>>
>> to configure my system for bonding.  I am enslaving eth0 and eth1 to
 bond0.
>  The interface config files are as follows:
>>
>> Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated.
>>

> I use bonding with success, but I had to write my own version of the
> network- bridge script.  I've attached the script.  Keep in mind that
> make a second bridge for a private network.  You might not need
that.

Thanks for the info.

I was able to get the the domU up and it received a dhcp address for
eth0.  I could ping dom0 fine but not any other address.

I did a packet trace on dom0 and could see the arps going out from domU
and the responses coming back but domU couldn't see them.   If I just
left the ping going, sometimes after a minute or two, the ping would
start working in domU.  If I stopped the ping and let the domU sit idle
for a while, starting the pings up again would fail.

Another way I could get the pings working was to unplug the cable from
one of the enslaved interfaces.  Starting the ping in domU would then
work.  I could then plug the cable back in and the ping would continued.

It seems like I'm almost there, but I'm still missing something.