Re: [Xen-users] xen3 on file backed partitions

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 11:23:00PM +0200, Karsten Nielsen wrote:

> My set up is based on files as partitions but I have encountered a
> problem I can only create 4 partitions this way since all are primary
> partitions.
>
> Are there any solution to this problem other than move the domU's to
> real partitions ?

I really don't understand what you're saying... Perhaps you should explain it
again, an example of your disk= line from one of your domUs might be enough.

On one of my systems I'm using LVM2 for my domU filesystems. I initialize them
through LVM in dom0 and the domU sees them as whatever partition I wish.
Example:
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg0/bebop,hda1,w',
         'phy:/dev/vg0/bebopswap,hda2,w',
         'phy:/dev/vg0/space1,hda3,w' ]

On another system, I'm using file backed partitions and describe them to Xen
like so:
disk = [ 'file:/opt/gdom1,hda1,w' ]

In neither of these scenarios is the number of partitions allowed on my hard
drive an issue.

Hope this helps.

--
Andrew Thompson