Re: [Xen-users] xen3 on file backed partitions

Hi Mark,

Thank you for that. I will try that out as soon as posible ;-)

- Karsten

Mark Nijmeijer wrote:
Hi Karsten,

You should be able to expose a file in dom0 as a whole disk device to your domU this way :

disk = [ 'file:/domain1hda,hda,w' ]

And then from within your domU, you can create as many partitions on hda as want :)

Greetz,

Mark

Karsten Nielsen wrote:
Hi list,

I'm running xen3 on verious systems and are very happy with the way it works.

My set up is based on files as partitions but I have encountered a problem I can only create 4 partitions this way since all are primary partitions.

Are there any solution to this problem other than move the domU's to real partitions ?

Thanks in advance

Karsten