Re: [Xen-users] xen3 on file backed partitions

Am Samstag 08 April 2006 14:13 schrieb Karsten Nielsen:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm running xen3 on verious systems and are very happy with the way it
> works.
>
> My set up is based on files as partitions but I have encountered a
> problem I can only create 4 partitions this way since all are primary
> partitions.
>
> Are there any solution to this problem other than move the domU's to
> real partitions ?

Hi Karsten,
you could just take different devices (hda hdb hdc hdd etc.).
If you take real partitions there is also a limit:
"The maximum number of logical partitions is 15 on SCSI, SATA, and Firewire
disks and 63 on (E)IDE disks." (suselinux-adminguide)

Philipp