Re: [Xen-users] EVMS

Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 04/24/2006 02:37:22 PM:

> On Monday 24 April 2006 12:37 pm, Steve Dobbelstein wrote:
> > Others have experimented with EVMS under Xen and to my knowledge have
it

> i guess original question was about using EVMS in dom0 to create the
> 'partitions' holding the domU's block devices; not using EVMS under Xen.
>
> haven't tried it, but i think there's nothing in Xen that assumes LVM,
just
> uses the block devices provided by the mapper module.  in that case, it
> should just work, since EVMS uses the very same kernel module.

You are correct.

> another issue would be on a shared storage: there's CLVM to make theLVM
admin
> tools work peacefully between several hosts; but i don't know if there's
> something similar for EVMS

EVMS has support for working in a clustered environment, e.g., on Linux-HA,
such that it coordinates any changes to shared storage so that they are
seen on all nodes in the cluster.  EVMS will also assist you in installing
a clustered file system, such as OCFS, on a shared volume.

Steve D.