Re: [Xen-users] read only disk option in domUs

Javier Guerra wrote:
On Tuesday 25 April 2006 8:16 pm, list user wrote:

The only thing that worked for me 'read-only' was "ext2" formatting.

makes (some) sense, if the only difference betwee ext2 and ext3 is the journalling... and if you don't write to a filsystem, you don't 'journal' it.

even so, i think it should be possible to mount as ext3 with options=ro, and it should be exactly the same as mounting as ext2/ro

(of course, still no fsck in any case)

Read your post just after I sent a "resolved" to the list.  Oh well.

Created a test fs with ext3 and set the mount options in fstab to "0 0" and that eliminated the original problem.

The domU's are now sharing /usr with ext3 read-only.

Thanks Javier.