RE: [Xen-users] Multiple VMs Using Multiple Video Cards w/Pacifica

The short answer is: Probably not immediately.

Let's first sort out the naming of things: The code-name pacifica is now
called AMD Virtulization Technology or Secure Virtual Machine extension,
SVM for short.

IOMMU is a technology that isn't implemented in the first generation SVM
processors, but will come in future processors [I don't honestly know at
which point in the future]. But yes, this technology will, amongst other
things, allow the mapping of virtualized "pseudo-physical" memory to
"real physical" memory.

We do have an alternative, which is to use the GART for this. This has
been implemented in the x86-64 kernel for quite some time [to remap
IO-buffers from above 4GB to below 4GB so that 32-bit hardware can
access memory above 4GB], but so far there is no solution for Xen to use
this method, although I believe there is work in progress to make this.

The second problem is that the PCI device hiding for Dom0 isn't
implemented for HVM systems. I think this is also being worked on (or at
least it's on someones list to be done when they get to that item on the
list or something like that).

--
Mats