[Xen-users] General Xen setup questions

Hello everyone!

I am setting up a couple of Xen servers for the first time and I have a couple of questions. Also, as this is my first attempt at using Xen, if you spot anything in my descriptions that looks to be a stupid thing to do, please let me know.

As an overview, I will be running 4-5 domU machines on 2 dom0's . The dom0 machines will be doing nothing but managing the domU machines. I will be using an iSCSI SAN for the storage on my domU machines. All OS's will be FC5.

I have not yet decided whether to put my domU OS's on physical partitions or on the SAN. I am leaning toward using the SAN, as that will give me the most flexibility and make live migrations easier. Thoughts?

Anyone know which will preform better: Mapping the iSCSI drives to dom0 and assigning them to each domU as a phy (such as /dev/sda) or mapping
them directly on each domU?

I will have 4GB of physical RAM per physical server. How much of that should I reserve for the dom0's, keeping in mind that they will not be running any apps of their own, just managing the domU's?

Thanks!

--
Anthony Valentine
Asst. I.T. Manager

UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things.