Re: [Xen-users] Make both CPUs available to Dom0

joseph kacmarcik wrote:

it's my first time with Xen on a dual processor machine. Everything was fine until I decided to assign 1 VCPU to Dom0 and pin it to CPU 1. Since then Domain-0 only sees 1 CPU and no vcpu-set / vcpu-pin seems to be able to get it back. When I boot the plain vanilla FC5 SMP kernel then both CPUs are there. I must be missing something obvious (and probably did something really stupid) so please be kind with me...

check out @line 124 of /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp. should be in the form of: (dom0-cpus n)

where n is number of cpu's available to the dom0.

hope it helps.
joe

thanks joe, but - nope, checked that (it's also in my initial mail). The value remains unchanged as '0', which according to the comments in this file means that all cpus will be used.
Bye,
Andrej