Re: [Xen-users] no networking support with Windows XP / 2003 HVM domain

On Thursday 4 May 2006 00:23, Joost van den Broek wrote:
> Thanks, that worked for me as well :) Now I seek a solution for that VNC
> mouse pointer problem, but fortunately I was able to configure RDP which
> works _fast_! Faster than VMware Server as far as I can tell, looks very
> promising..

Hmm I've to say I'm a little bit disappointed about the networking
performance.. On a 100mbit link I can't get more than 4.5MB/s and the CPU
is being _very_ busy at that moment. Isn't there any trick to improve
performance, my guess it's the tun/tap driver which causes major overhead.

Other than that, it seems that Xen beats Vmware (at least the beta server
version) which is very surprising. Can't yet say anything something about
the stability, maybe the networking driver will freak out after a period of
intensive load..

I'd like to hear some tips to improve the networking performance, maybe a
module parameter for tun?

- Joost