Re: [Xen-users] IP definitions for Dom0

Hi Robin,

> Datum: Thu, 4 May 2006 19:09:11 +0700
> I thought I would try xen again, the last time I could not get Dom0
> connected to the router and gave up. The network documentation in the
> wiki seems to imply that the ifconfig/route comands for eth0 remain the
> same, although eth0 is now a virtual device.

Right. I don't know of you have some special, complicated setup (please
describe, if so), but with a more or less "normal" dom0 I have not to make
any changes after installing xen to get networking going.
I had some machines with broken acpi tables where netowrking didn't work
fine, but then yopu have errors in dmesg output.
Do you have any errors in xend log, syslog, dmesg?

> After booting dom0 and starting xend, netstat gave
> the usual output but I was unable to ping my router. Stopping iptables
> had no effect. Looking again at the wiki article, I found a link to a
> thread
>(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-01/msg00425.html)

This is about xen 2.0.x and quite old, I wouldn't bet anything that it is
valid for any newer xen version. At least the bridge name is xenbr0 in xen 3
now.

What version of xen are you using, which package, or from which source did
you install, how does you config file look, do you see any error messages?

Henning