[Xen-users] 3.0.2 + Hyperthreading ?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Samuel Torton" <samuel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:13:47 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 May 2006 06:14:24 -0700

Hi,

I have two boxes with 2 * Xeon 3.0 Ghz
I've enabled Hyperthreading in the BIOS.

- One box is with Xen 3.0.1
I've enabled SMP + SMT in my kernel Xen0 config, and SMP + SMT works
perfectly.
I can see 4 cpus in my VCPU list for Domain0, and I see also 4 CPUs in the
/proc/cpuinfo file.

- One box is with Xen 3.0.2
I've enabled SMP in my kernel Xen0 config, and SMT has disappeared !
Thus I can see only 1 running cpu in my VCPU list (4 vcpu lines indeed), and
I see also only 1 CPU in the /proc/cpuinfo file.

I don't really understand why SMT has disappeared from the kernel configs,
and I can re-enable it... in order to have the same CPU config between 3.0.1
and 3.0.2

I've just seen a message in the Xen-users mailing-list archives
(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-04/msg00089.html),
but I don't rellay know if it's related to my problem. Thank you for your
help.

Samuel Torton