RE: [Xen-users] Problem to run xend

  • To: lorena@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:55:30 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:55:44 -0700

Ok, I guess it's probably something else then...

What exact version of Xen are you using? Have you upgraded the
installation, or is it a fresh installation?

Oh, ah: Are you running xenified Linux (type "uname -a" and post the
result). I think that's actually it, you're running plain Linux, not the
Xen-version of the kernel, and that would cause it to not work right -
it should of course give a more sensible error message, but my guess is
that this is not tested very often by the people developing Xen, as it's
a beginners mistake and most of the developers aren't beginners [there's
nothing wrong with being a beginner, everyone is a beginner in something
at some point - I'm just saying that the people who are developing Xen
probably have made this mistake once, learned from it, and don't do it
again - so unless someone makes a dedicated effort to test this, it's
not going to happen unless it's someone that is a beginner that does it.
And of course, beginners don't feel confident to file bug-reports for
bad error messages from "simple beginners mistakes", so it's probably
not been bug-reported either.]

I'd suggest you keep the xen-users list when commenting on replies, as
this will help others who may have seen my reply, and thinks that the
question is solved by it. That means use "reply-all" instead of "reply".

--
Mats