RE: [Xen-users] Problem to run xend

  • To: lorena@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:40:50 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:40:59 -0700

Xen 3.0.2 would perhaps work better - I don't KNOW so, but I've not got
any better ideas... :-(

> > Oh, ah: Are you running xenified Linux (type "uname -a" and
> post the
> > result). I think that's actually it, you're running plain
> Linux, not
> > the Xen-version of the kernel, and that would cause it to not work
> > right - it should of course give a more sensible error
> message, but my
> > guess is that this is not tested very often by the people
> developing
> > Xen, as it's a beginners mistake and most of the developers aren't
> > beginners [there's nothing wrong with being a beginner,
> everyone is a
> > beginner in something at some point - I'm just saying that
> the people
> > who are developing Xen probably have made this mistake
> once, learned
> > from it, and don't do it again - so unless someone makes a
> dedicated
> > effort to test this, it's not going to happen unless it's
> someone that is a beginner that does it.
> > And of course, beginners don't feel confident to file
> bug-reports for
> > bad error messages from "simple beginners mistakes", so
> it's probably
> > not been bug-reported either.]
>
> The result of uname -a is:
> Linux tevirtual 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5xen0 #1 SMP Thu May 4
> 21:35:09 EDT 2006 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Looks good to me - so my idea was wrong then...

> I've follow the FedoraXenQuickStart and the Xen Manual, but
> idunno why show me that error when i try to started the xend.
>
> I guest well idunno that these script have a bugs, well i think so!!

Something is obviously not right - but what I don't quite know. I use
FC4, so I can't comment on FC5 - perhaps it's some FC5 feature
(SELinux?) that gets in the way?

> > I'd suggest you keep the xen-users list when commenting on
> replies, as
> > this will help others who may have seen my reply, and
> thinks that the
> > question is solved by it. That means use "reply-all"
> instead of "reply".
>
> Oooh ok.

Yes, and because you didn't, you didn't get any other replies to help
you...

I've CC'd the list, so if anyone else has some ideas, maybe they can
comment.

--
Mats