Re: [Xen-users] Basic Xen Question

Yeah, unfortunately no. I think it is one of the few that isn't, from Adaptec (my luck!). It's module name is: adpahci ; I haven't found this anywhere except as Suse and RHEL rpms.

If you have heard of it though, do let me know. It's the Adaptec HostRAID (IBM ServeRAID-8e) embedded in the motherboard.

From what I've read it's fakeraid, but at least it must deliver some resources which would have been nice... Plus there's a sweet IBM application which lets you manage and monitor the RAID (if it can find the controller via the OS).

Greg Cockburn wrote:
Are you sure the adaptec driver is not in the kernel. I have adaptec to be very good, in terms of opening up their drives. I have not come across one that wasn't already in the kernel.

I have used SCSI and SATA Controllers and RAID variants of each without getting any drivers from adaptec.

Greg.