Re: [Xen-users] Basic Xen Question

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Greg Cockburn" <gergnz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:00:55 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:01:33 -0700

Are you sure the adaptec driver is not in the kernel.  I have adaptec to be very good, in terms of opening up their drives. I have not come across one that wasn't already in the kernel.

I have used SCSI and SATA Controllers and RAID variants of each without getting any drivers from adaptec.

Greg.

On 5/17/06, Petersson, Mats <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Unfortunately in this type of situation, I'm not sure you'd get much
help by using an older kernel - the driver may well not behave itself
well enough to still work under Xen... At least, I think that is still a
problem in Xenified Linux as it is under HVM - drivers in Xenified Linux
are modified to "understand" Xen, and that's not going to work with
binary drivers. However, I may be wrong. Someone with better
understanding of this may be able to correct me (or say I'm right).

--
Mats